Aloha, blog readers!
I am TOTALLY ready for a hot summer, but are you? I have put together seven ways you can make sure your summer photo session goes off without a hitch.
1. Dress appropriately. Summer means hot and humid weather, which can lead to sticky bodies. Choose breathable, lightweight fabrics that don’t weigh you down. As for shoes, I would recommend sweet flats, flip flops or if we are having a session at the beach, barefoot is a GREAT option!
2. Think about your hair. If you or a family member’s hair reacts to humidity in a negative way, opt for a hairstyle that won’t leave you feeling insecure. For example, a pretty braid or an updo is a good choice, and a little extra product always keeps the frizz at bay.
3. Pack necessities. When packing your photoshoot necessities, I recommend bringing the following items: Lots of water for all, a snack for sustenance, sunscreen, an umbrella for shade, and makeup touchup.
4. Get creative with session ideas. Summer offers a host of activities that lend themselves to amazing photo sessions. For example, there’s the fair (funnel cake, anyone?), festivals, and plenty more. I’d be more than happy to shoot a really creative session with you.
5. Think about head to toe details. For example, if you’re wearing flip-flops or open toed shoes, you want to have manicured feet. If it’s really breezy, a hat or scarf can keep things under control.
6. Rest assured knowing I won’t let you overheat. Sometimes it’s hard just to walk outside when it’s scorching outside, but know that we’re going to have an amazing shoot. We will spend lots of time in the shade, take a break when you need, and I will never push your family into staying longer than they can or want.
7. Incorporate props. Outdoor summer shoots are loaded with imagery as is, but we can always incorporate a few props into the mix. Vintage step stools in a field look gorgeous, as do blankets, balloons, and even visually striking treats (lollipops, ice cream, etc.).
Let’s get ready for my favorite season!!